Sun, beach, sunscreen


You are familiar with the fact that we must use a sunscreen 365 days a year, right? That said, I never used to bother using one before hitting thirty and I didn't bother protect my skin from the damaging rays of the sun. In Cyprus, we have an intense summer with extremely hot days and these days usually last 6-7 months. So yes, the summer here is extended and I feel I must protect my skin more.

Normally, 'sunscreen favourites' and 'sun protection products' posts make their appearance at the beginning of summer and I was wondering why. People cannot use a sunscreen only when on holidays or when the sun is out, the rays can cause harm even when it's cloudy and rays can reach our skin even when we are at home. 

Today I have three recommendations on what sunscreen products I am currently using to protect my skin. I first apply my cream in the morning before leaving house, re-apply at 3pm when I finish work and I may also apply it again in the afternoon, when I am at home and doing some gardening etc or when my exposure in the sun is high.



La Roche Posay Anthelios XL SPF50+ Dry Touch Cream

This is a creamy thick lotion that offers high protection of SPF50, absorbs quickly and it is perfect for sensitive and sun intolerant skins. It is non-greasy, has no parabens and non-comedogenic. It may leave a white cast on skin if you don't rub it quickly since it dries fast. It can feel a little drying on skin so if you have already dry skin, you can choose the non-dry version.

Packaging is brilliant, it comes in a tube with a pump which is very convenient to use, especially when you are using this one while relaxing at the beach (slippery hands!) and 50ml is more than enough since you only need a small amount (I told you this cream is thick). Also, when using the pump you can control the amount you need and it's less messy. Huge bonus for that.


This is a great investment for those hot months since it offers high protection against the sun and I will definitely re-purchase when I run out. When I use this sunscreen, I feel that my skin is covered, I don't know if it's the thick texture that makes me feel that way, but it does.




Missha All Around Safe Block Essence Sun SPF45/PA+++
In comparison with the La Roche Posay Anthelios sunscreen, this one has a thin formula with light texture and feels so nice when you apply it. Skin feels moisturised and I may not use a moisturising cream if I am using this one.  

Non-greasy formula, lightweight that absorbs quickly and does not leave a residue. It has a mild scent and it stands against sweat and water and it is the perfect companion while doing outdoor activities and sports.  It mixes well with foundation and it's a lovely base to use before putting any makeup on, since it offers hydration to the skin.

The packaging is lovely, it is a pink tube that features a small nozzle that produces the tiniest amount of product so nothing gets wasted here. It has a beautiful silver cap that goes perfectly with the pink tube, I have never owned a sunscreen with a lovely packaging as this one.


Loreal Paris Sublime Sun SPF30
I used this product last summer and I was impressed by it so I re-purchased it this year. It has a non-greasy formula that is perfect for my combination to oily skin and the formula is light and absorbs within minutes. It is slightly tinted, the colour of the cream is not white nor tan, it is something between them and it does not leave a white cast.

 It is enriched with argan oil that nourishes my skin and prevents it from dehydrating due to the exposure in the sun. It is water resistant, protects against UVA and UVB and it has anti ageing properties.


These two products are not sun care products but I would like to add that in summer I love to use body oils instead of body creams and I recently purchased two more to add to my collection. Body oils are extremely moisturising, lightweight, they give a nice glow to the skin without making it feel greasy or sticky. They also have delicious summery scents, the Le Petit Marseillais oil is an example of how exotic and sensual a body oil smells. I want to spray it all over my body every hour of the day, it smells that good.

What sun-care products are you using at the moment? Any must product to try?

I hope you have a lovely weekend and I will see you soon!

No comments