Christmas day outfit ideas


I will start this post with the cliche question 'How is it already December and how fast time goes by'? It does. Can you believe that there are only 15 days until Christmas?
I love Christmas and everything about festive season; decorating, Christmas lights, drinking mulled wine, Christmas movies and games but I hate the part that the year is ending and time goes really fast and I am growing old. Feels like yesterday when it was December 2016. 

Everyone started preparing and shopping for Christmas, including me. I started planning my outfits and I have a couple of ideas today to show you.

Velvet. The trend of this winter. I remember when I was a kid, all my winter clothes were velvet, my mum used to buy me pleated skirts and dresses and I was loving them. And after all these years, I still do and I am so glad velvet is everywhere at the moment. Velvet clothes are so classy and elegant, they look more expensive than they actually are.


This high waisted velvet pleated skirt* can be dressed up or down and can be worn in several occasions. I plan to wear it in some formal events next week and also at the office, paired with a simple black sweater and black boots. For this look, I wore the skirt with a black fluffy sweater and this cosy blanket scarf, I love the colours of this scarf, so christmassy and it keeps me warm during the cold days.


Also in velvet, this gorgeous one shoulder velvet dress* that I fell in love as soon as I opened the package and plan to wear it on New Year's Eve too, paired with statement earrings and black high heels. It has a lovely detail at one shoulder and the length is perfect for a short girl like me, however, it would be too short for someone above 1.60cm.


Last look is this pair of black trousers* with this gingham wrap top that has a lovely detail of faux pearls all over the neckline. Another lovely trend we see everywhere in the shops, pearls on clothes, accessories and shoes, how pretty they are! The pants have an elastic waist and feel so comfortable, the material is soft and also stretchy.

What are you planning to wear on Christmas day?

Hope you are having an awesome Sunday and I will see you soon! 


No comments